Dosbarth Year 4 & Year 5 (Mrs Mathias)
This half term our topic is ‘Leisure and Tourism’ an outline of what your child will be covering in class over the next 6 weeks is shown below.
- Place value in numbers to 1 million and decimal numbers, comparing and ordering numbers, multiplication tables, double and halving, written methods of multiplying and problem solving.
- Discussion writing (newspaper report), book review (BFG), diary writing, reciprocal reading
- Leisure and tourism (how they have changed over the 21st century, national parks of Wales and the structure of bridges)
- Natural materials found across Europe
- Swimming and Journeying (planning and taking a walking trip/hike)
- Sikhism (symbols, foods, clothes, festivals and special books)
- Going for goals and qualities we admire