Dosbarth Year 1 and 2 (Miss Davies)
The topic this half term is ‘Explorers’ where several subjects will be taught within the theme with a Literacy and Numeracy focus. A subject outline is shown in the table below.
- Place value in numbers to ThHTU, ordering numbers, rounding, multiplication tables, addition and subtraction strategies for mental arithmetic, money, measures, shape and problem solving
- Developing basic language rules for spellings and grammar. Handwriting. Written forms such as recount, diary, explanation and book review.
- Rainforests, food chains and adaptations to environment. Exploring different habitats with comparisons
Design and Technology / Art
- Rainforest animal masks/hats
- Carnival of the animals
- Leaders in the bible
- Dance, gymnastics, ball skills etc
- Circle time, SEAL – relationships
- Fi fy hun – myself
- Continents, equator and rainforest identification. The effect of deforestation – world news
- Word – font, colour, size,